Thursday 24 November 2011

A Trek to Scotland

Being an American citizen, and having spent the greater portion of my life in that particular country, you can imagine that I was more than a little excited to visit an actual castle. Sure, I have seen an abundance of photos and films of them, but there is nothing quite like coming face to face with such a unique part of history.
As you can imagine, America, as young as it is, does not have the rich kind of history that one can find in places such as Europe. For this reason, I took my family on an educational trip last year. The intent of this trip was not to bombard them with European culture, but to provide them with an alternate point of view of history. While the idea was to visit many of the sites that I had read about in journals, I also planned some time to take in the culture of Scotland.

Naturally I resorted to the internet to locate hotels near Edinburgh Castle and was provided with a list that was more than adequate; apparently I was not the first individual that has fallen in love with visiting these historic sites. In the end, I decided on a particular luxury hotel Edinburgh offered, feeling that it not only met all of the requirements that I was looking for, but exceeding them beyond my wildest dreams. If you have never been to Scotland, or Europe in general, I would strongly suggest that you get over yourself and make the trip. I know that it can be expensive to make the trip, especially if you are flying from America, but I can assure you that the experience that you will have will be priceless. My family is always asking to return, and I do plan on visiting more of those interesting historical sites in the near future, I just have to work around a tight schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment